[Stackless-sprint] Introduction

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Mar 2 04:04:29 CET 2004

Hey,

I'm coming to the stackless sprint because I've liked the project for
as long as I've known about it, though I've only started actually
hacking on and with it recently.  My including-but-not-limited-to goals
are to help flesh out the new scheduling features, write tests, fix
bugs, make sure it works on OS X, meet a bunch of euro python hackers,
and hopefully see a little of Berlin.  I would probably like to spend a
little time rounding off an official "Stackless MacPython"
distribution.

My Python street cred is mostly limited to the past 2 years of
pythonmac-sig and pyobjc-dev, but with a little bit of Twisted,
Stackless, pygame, PEAK, and PEP 318 (in no particular order).  I stalk
the PyPy project, but haven't quite had the time and spare mental
capacity to contribute.  My blog, "from __future__ import *", seems to
be loved by the Daily Python URL lately, so you may recognize me from
that even if you don't pay the wonderful Apple Tax.

I think I may also be the only US-based non-lurker ;)

-bob