[Stackless-sprint] Summary

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Mar 15 16:07:54 CET 2004

Lutz Paelike:

> Can please everybody sum up shortly (like bob did) what he
> worked on and maybe on which topics he will continue to work?

Ok, here's what I did...

- started a "Stackless Glossary" Zwiki on stackless.com
- wrote a script to convert it into a compact download-/emailable PDF
   (needs LaTeX and Docutils, so I'm not sure where to put it - Chris?)
- started building a "Stackless Tutorial" thingy with lots of sample
code
   (together with Axel, needs more work)
- added a (simple) "umbrella" unittest script to run all unit tests
   (Stackless/unittests/runAll.py)
- suggested API changes like the call-like argument setting thing on
tasklets
- dito for stackless.getmain/current
- started converting some tests to unittests and adding more
   (e.g. Stackless/unittests/test_chan_cb.py)
- asked many questions of varying stupidity
- teased my brain with quite a few answers provided by Christian

And here's what I'm planning to do...

- tell people to jump on extending the "Stackless Glossary"
- continue with Axel on a code-rich "Stackless Tutorial"
- write something to visualize communication between tasklets
- write an article, codename "10 things I learned about Stackless"
   (feel invited to provide any such items, please!)
- add more unittests

That's it for today and thanks for the fish!

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman - http://python.net/~gherman
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." (Alan Kay)