[Stackless] Ping.

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri Dec 29 02:14:51 CET 2000

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 06:45:21PM +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> > Ping,
>
> Pong.
>
> And a belated merry christmas to you too ;)

Thanks, same to you!

I'm planning to announce the SLP 2.0 alpha before the
end of this year. I will do, although at the moment
I'm not so happy with speed:

Yes, I think I got SLP 2.0 running (still need some more tests),
but HATE HATE I cannot get it fast. All my tricks from 1.5.2
turn out to be worthless. I loose by 10 percent against
Standard 2.0, don't ask me why.
Some of the new opcodes are real, real showstoppers, like
the extended argument code. It makes my optimized arg
fetching impossible.
And there is the overall dll size which makes everything
very vague. By merging several modules into one (forcing
better linking), I got 5 percent speed back.

but-I-don't-like-to-rely-on-this - ly y_rs - chris