[Stackless] Possible use of continuations ?

Rodrigo Senra rodsenra at correionet.com.br
Sat Nov 11 03:17:41 CET 2000

[Christian Tismer]
> Does anybody know of a useful example where continuations
> are really needed?

How about a "single-pass" exaustive branch testing.

This might be just a crazy idea, but I guess continuations could become
a powerful testing tool to explore exaustively the branches of a program
(there is  specific terminology for this but it eludes me at the
moment).

Another possible use could be to provide 'code interception' facilities
in a extended reflective environment. In a meta-object protocol
scenario,
where objects could be attatched to monitoring meta-objects (not
meta-classses),
the execution path from invoker to invoked must detour to the
meta-object
(which might decide to change the execution path all together or
non-interfere).

Do these thoughts make any sense to you all?
regards
Rod

--
Rodrigo Senra