[Stackless] [Micro-Threads] Reliably retrieving the current exception for thecurrent micro-thread

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Sat Nov 11 08:23:00 CET 2000

Q1 -- No, not immediately necessary, a better long-term solution is what's
wanted.
Q2 -- I'd prefer that exceptions operate in a manner which is exactly like
normal Python code, that is, just like in a normal threaded interpreter.
Having to explicitly code threading-aware stuff into your app is a pain.
Q3 -- Doesn't appear to block now, so I probably don't understand the
question.
Q4 -- I'd put a 2.0 move as first priority still.  Exception handling isn't
a huge issue for me.  Oh, I _am_ handling these exceptions in the except
block within the uthread, so I'm not really sure what you mean when you say
stackless does block on an exception.
Q567 -- Redesign it, with input from Guido and the rest, for Python 2.0.
How does Guido's proposal handle timeslicing/scheduling?  It seems to be
predicated on each "thread" explicitly yielding control, rather than a
pre-emptive system (not very useful IMO, means you have to explicitly code
thread control all through your app).  Did I miss something about it?

Enjoy yourself,
Mike