[Stackless] Re: [Python-Dev] Stackless pages

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Mon Nov 6 20:28:59 CET 2000

    Gordon> If we can't overcome "ew - a call might not ever return" there's
    Gordon> not much sense in writing the PEPs.

I disagree.  The value in writing a stackless PEP is that those who would
dismiss the idea out-of-hand or those who think they understand it but
really don't might gain some insight into what's really going on.

I can't help but think, "wow, microthreads sound like they're very efficient
and offer a real chance of providing portable threading for Python".  The
route to mainstream acceptance of stackless and realization of this thought
will be through a PEP.  I wouldn't give up at this point.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at mojam.com)
http://www.mojam.com/