[Stackless] Quick question about python in general and stackless in particular

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Tue Oct 17 21:13:29 CEST 2000

Right now, I'm working on Windows, looking at possibly using python in a game we're just starting.

However, although a lot of the development will be done on windows, the final target is not, and so far everything I've seen only shows how to build the interpreter to a DLL, which is pretty useless since our target won't have dlls, and very possibly might not have access to any sort of dynamic loading.  What sort of changes would need to be made to bind the interpreter statically, compiling to a normal .lib?

I'm sending this on the stackless mailing list rather than a more general one because if we use python at all, it will definately be a stackless version, because our tasking system can leave code with a very, very small stack at times.

Any input anybody can give would be greatly appreciated.  I'll keep looking, but hopefully somebody will already have a pointer to info for me. :)