[Stackless] Stackless status

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Sun Oct 8 20:05:52 CEST 2000

At 6:52 PM +0300 08-10-2000, Christian Tismer wrote:
>Soooo sorry (really, I'd like to find that!), but even after
>raising this to a million, it doesn't show a leak, with PythonWin,
>command line Python, and Idle.
>
>When I start an interactive cmdline task and run the script
>(modified to iterate 1000000 times, using xrange), taskmanager
>tells me that its size is 1.736 kb. On the second run, this
>becomes 1.740 kb. Next time it is 1744 kb, and all the next runs
>stay with this measure.

Don't measure used memory -- look at the output of the script: does it

done!
Number of instances left (should be zero): 0

or this:

done!
Number of instances left (should be zero): 1

The script doesn't leak large amounts of data: it leaks exactly 1 object!
But: if it doesn't leak that one object with your version, you've probably
accidentily fixed it along the way...

>Help, can somebody produce this error? - ciao - chris

Maybe it's a 1.1 thing...

Just