[Stackless] Welcome to the Stackless Python List

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Oct 8 17:25:48 CEST 2000

In article <39E07425.18CC644E at appliedbiometrics.com>, Christian Tismer
<tismer at appliedbiometrics.com> writes
>Now it is time to start with discussions. For me, the most
>urgent question to ask is: What do you consider the highest
>priority task to be done? Upgrade to Stackless 1.2, upgrade
>to Python 2.0, bugfixes, CVS access for collaborative
>development, more documentation? Other proposals?

I would place priorities as

Python2.0, Stackless 1.2
more docs, bugfixes
CVS

but perhaps there's a constraint as without CVS some of the others won't
go so fast.

I'm not using Stackless in any production work, but I think it would be
useful in a number of contexts which are currently handled badly. The
microthreads are very cool and I would like to use iteration functions
defined using the semi-continuations. I would only start using such
features for real if they go into the core.
--
Robin Becker