[Stackless] Welcome to the Stackless Python List

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Oct 8 18:50:27 CEST 2000

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 04:18:29PM +0300, Christian Tismer wrote:

> Now it is time to start with discussions. For me, the most
> urgent question to ask is: What do you consider the highest
> priority task to be done? Upgrade to Stackless 1.2, upgrade
> to Python 2.0, bugfixes, CVS access for collaborative
> development, more documentation? Other proposals?

For me, integration with the CVS tree (or just 2.0, but I think the CVS tree
should work... I think I'm the one who did most of the work on ceval.c
between Python 1.6 and 2.0 (for augmented assignment, import-as, and a few
patches that never made it into 2.0), and I don't think there are any other
pending changes to it. Not sure how intrusive the rest of SLP is, though.)
I'm not actually using Python, but I would like to use it in a MOO/MUX, as a
programming language, and I really need continuations for it to work
properly. Basic documentation (as in, easily understandable for
non-lisp/scheme-ers ;) would also be nice.

If I understood how Stackless worked (what all those changes in ceval.c are
for, for instance) I would help code it ;) As it is, I simply don't know
what changes are for Stackless, and what changes are just the difference
between the 1.5.2+ version SLP is based off, and the current CVS tree.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>