[Stackless] Another 'print >>' bug

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Apr 18 17:43:50 CEST 2001

Hi Friends,

Christian Tismer wrote:

> Bernd Rinn wrote:
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 07:03:19PM +0200, Christian Tismer wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > I tracked this one down. It was a bad condition where I failed
> > > to clear the "stream" variable. Not sure if I should put
> > > the fix on the web, since I'm working on 2.1?
> >
> > Hmm, perhaps a last 2.0 bugfix-release of Stackless together with the
> > fix for the reference counting bug once it is known?
>
> Yes, it makes sense.
> I'm after this bug since 20 hours now, and I still have no clue.
> It is definately related to the timeslice() function. When I
> change uthread9 to use timeslice with 1000 or more ticks,
> everything works fine. That means, the auto-switching hurts
> somehow. When I lower the time slice to 10, the program ends
> up with a refcount of not four, but 16!
>
> I'll give it another try. No idea whether this is a bug in
> Stackless, or if it is an uthreads effect which simply doesn't
> show up under 1.5.2 - sigh...

I have solved it! There was in fact a change to the uthread
support code in ceval.c where I mistreated my own protocol
slightly, which caused in turn that extra frames were created
and never disposed.

There will be a last maintenance update in the next three hours.

cheers - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
     where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/