[Stackless] "Attempt to run a locked frame!"

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Tue Feb 20 01:55:23 CET 2001

Haven't seen any answers, so I'll give it a shot.

What's probably going on is either (1) trying to use a
continuation from a recursive invocation of Python or (2) trying
to use a plain callable object as a continuation.

You could hit (1), for example, by trying to use a continuation
within a __getitem__ (or other magic method). This is
implemented by C code that realizes it needs to execute pure
Python, so recursively invokes the interpreter. But if that pure
Python tries to use a continuation created in an outer
invocation of the interpreter, it would trash the C stack. So, it's
streng verbotten.

I'm not sure whether (2) gives you the same error message.
It's been awhile since I stubbed my toe on that one.

BTW, your sample code neglected to say what module was
what, so I didn't bother to try it.