[Stackless] reproducible SystemError in the interactive mode (win32)

Changjune Kim junaftnoon at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 08:58:47 CET 2001

Well, my email account sent it in HTML mode and the code broke up, so I'm
sending this one from another account -- truly sorry.

pair=[]
for (char,num) in (('a',1),('b',2),('c',0),('d',4)):
    if 1<num:
            pair.append(char)

When run on the interactive interpreter, this code puts out:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 3, in ?
SystemError: error return without exception set

,whereas it runs without the error on the standard python.
However, strangely enough, it runs well even on SPC when it's run as a file.

Can you guys reproduce it on your system?