[Stackless] uthread and Tkinter

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Feb 20 19:48:07 CET 2001

So what's the current opinion of the best way to integrate (a modestly
complex) Tkinter application with uthreads?  Specifically what does
one do about the mainloop?

(Assume I want to use only one native thread)

I've got two methods on the table at the moment -- one involves using
Tkinter._dooneevent from a uthread -- in the other I've modified the
uthread lib so that it runs the scheduler a number of times and
returns and I call uthread.run(number_of_times=1000) from an
after_idle task.

I seem to be experiencing weird, random hanging with both methods.

Has anyone gotten this to work reliably?

(Chris's comment about calling certain continuation things from
__xxx___ methods makes me wonder whether Tk callbacks are tromping on
stuff...)

--
-Jas   --------------------     www.maya.com
       Jeff Senn          |   / / |-/ \ / /|