[Stackless] Ideas for Uses of Stackless Python

Kevin Littlejohn darius at bofh.net.au
Sat Jun 9 12:13:59 CEST 2001

If anyone were to be looking into this, I'd love to hear about it - I've been
for a long time tinkering with a distributed object thing in python, that's
shortly going to shift to microthreads, and will probably have to implement
something akin to E's promises to deal with distributed coding.

>>> Jeff Rush wrote
> Are you aware of the E Language, located at
>     http://www.erights.org
> I've been following it for a few months and I think we could steal
> some neat features and use microthreads to implement them.
> In particular, something like the Eventually operator and
> Promises, described at:
>     http://www.skyhunter.com/marcs/ewalnut.html#SEC19
> I took a look at Willis' microthread API.  It looks similar
> to the one for the Thread/Threading module.  I'm hoping for
> something a bit different and easier to use than traditional
> multithreading, like Promises, which can never deadlock.  The
> Promises concept spins off microthreads transparently.
> -Jeff

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at starship.python.net