[Stackless] Problems with Queues in Microthread Lib.

James Turner jamwt at jamwt.com
Fri Mar 16 16:25:17 CET 2001

Hi all,

For some strange reason I can\'t figure out to make
queues work correctly for me.  This is the code I\'m
testing with:

--- start code ---
import uthread

def worker_function(mqueue):
        print "Somehow I get here..."
        print "But not here..."
request_queue = uthread.Queue()
for i in range(0,THREAD_NUM):
--- end code ---

The output, as you might imagine from the frustrated
source, is:

bash# python test.py
Somehow I get here...
Somehow I get here...

Ack!  I thought at first that get() was just not
blocking for me, but now it appears that it\'s quitting
the microthread entirely for some reason!

If it\'s any help at all, mqueue.cget() will read None
and the microthread will carry out its normal lifespan.

Here\'s my arrangement:

i386 FreeBSD 4.2
Python 2.0c1
Stackless from TODAY!  It\'s fresh...