[Stackless] Re: Stackless for 2.1: Progress Report

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Tue May 29 20:38:15 CEST 2001

Jeff Rush wrote:

> The port is pretty much done, and it passes the standard
> Python regression tests, except for the three XML ones.
> On those it executes an invalid bytecode and later,
> segfaults.
>
> The cause is some code in pyexpat.c that does a PyFrame_New,
> passing in a *dummy* codeblock (gross!) that actually
> points to an empty text string (instead of real bytecodes),
> just to have a codeblock to call PyEval_CallObject() with.

Hmm. Is this a new "feature" with Python 2.1?
I wonder why we don't get this trouble with 2.0.

Does your PyFrame_New differ much from my version?

ciao - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
     where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/