[Stackless] Ideas for Uses of Stackless Python

Jeff Rush jrush at taupro.com
Sun May 27 11:43:18 CEST 2001

Are you aware of the E Language, located at

I've been following it for a few months and I think we could steal
some neat features and use microthreads to implement them.

In particular, something like the Eventually operator and
Promises, described at:

I took a look at Willis' microthread API.  It looks similar
to the one for the Thread/Threading module.  I'm hoping for
something a bit different and easier to use than traditional
multithreading, like Promises, which can never deadlock.  The
Promises concept spins off microthreads transparently.

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at starship.python.net