[Stackless] Reducing stackless footprint

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg at ioi.dk
Tue Sep 4 17:02:17 CEST 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:02:24PM +0200, Michael Flad wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> Currently i am responsible for embedding scripting
> languages into our base library and for the first
> iteration i've chosen Lua (i'm sure you also know
> about this language) because it's so small and easy
> to embedd but it lacks the support of a stackless
> version or microthreads.

I don't know LUA, but I need the stackless features for this to work.
Hopefully the price I will have to pay in mem is bearable.

I found the 'deeply embedded python' article, and they're getting the interpreter
down to 126k, but that is an old version.

My largest current headache is that uthread.py seems to leak mem very badly,
anyone else experienced the same?

> Have you had a look at Rebelacts "Severance - Blade
> of Darkness"? The game, at least the German release, comes
> with the complete scripts as source (and of course also
> as precompiled files)

No but I've heard of it, will check it out asap.

best,
Jacob