[Stackless] Reducing stackless footprint

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg at ioi.dk
Tue Sep 11 12:16:16 CEST 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 05:20:20PM -0600, Jeff Collins wrote:
> Pippy remains a port of 1.5.2+ and doesn't yet implement
> stackless.

Are you planning to do that?

> I would like to begin porting the latest CVS snapshot in such a way that
> the changes (ie, feature selection) become a permanent part of Python.  In
> this
> way, the benefits of footprint reduction will readily available to any
> platform
> by simply flipping some compiler switches during the build process.

Yes, this is something like that I am looking for. Is it possible to produce
a diff between the current pippy, and the base 1.5.2 code? I'm currently
working against stackless 2.0, but it might be possible to live with 1.5.2 as
long as stackless works as well as it does under 2.0.

> If you are interested helping in this, let me know and we can coordinate our
> efforts.

I'd really like a diff which I could modify to just remove the parser/compiler.
Then I could modify that for stackless.

Best,
Jacob