[Stackless] Reducing stackless footprint

Jeff Collins jcollins at endeavors.com
Fri Sep 7 01:20:20 CEST 2001

As Brian Haskin mentioned, we eliminated several objects and the
compiler/parser
in Pippy.  Pippy remains a port of 1.5.2+ and doesn't yet implement
stackless.
I would like to begin porting the latest CVS snapshot in such a way that
the changes (ie, feature selection) become a permanent part of Python.  In
this
way, the benefits of footprint reduction will readily available to any
platform
by simply flipping some compiler switches during the build process.

If you are interested helping in this, let me know and we can coordinate our
efforts.

Thanks.

Jeff