[Stackless] task.run() versus task.remove().run()

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Wed Aug 28 19:05:57 CEST 2002

> So I think the phrase
>
> process.remove().run()
>
> will do what you wanted.

This doesn't always return to the tasklet that invoked the call
(immediately) as desired.  I think the problem happens when
"process" creates more tasklets -- the task list gets changed, I think.

I still would like task.run to always "return" directly to the invoking
task.

    -- Aaron Watters

===
ps: I'd like to also be careful about terminology to avoid confusion.
    process = OS process
    thread = OS thread
    task or taskless = stackless tasklet
I also unfortunately tend to say "socket" when I mean "channel" :(.
Will try harder...