[Stackless] multiple channel waits

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Thu Aug 15 21:17:46 CEST 2002

Aaron Watters wrote:

> If you have "kill tasklet" then I think you can emulate multichannel
> waits without
> polling:

Yes, this is what I want to do when I have kill().

> It seems like a lot of work still though (so many tasklets). I still think
> wait on channel list should be a primative, but you're the boss ;).

It will be a primitive. Still thinking (and no I'm not
the boss, but open to suggestions). What I'm after is
a single object which represents a number of channels,
and I can wait on this one object. It would itself look
like a channel. I'm blocking on it. I can only read on it.
When it has data for me, I can read it. The data is the
channel which responded first.
Hmm - still doesn't solve broadcasts. ? ! Oh, it can :-)

later next week, I need to finish stuff here - chris