[Stackless] stackless profiling?

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Aug 28 19:46:01 CEST 2002

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:

> Well, I don't have the problem, since I don't to free
> scheduling, yet, maybe?

Yes, correct.

> On the context switching problem:
> There is a scheduler_callback interface which gets called
> on every schedule() call, if set.
> This could be used to switch the profiler context, maybe
> using a dict to lookup the apropriate tasklet/context
> pair.

Yes, I was thinking of something like that. Or the profile code
could just stackless.get_current() and make some decision...

> But I'm not convinced that it makes so much sense. The profiler
> is profiling function calls, not tasklets.

Actually, at this moment, I exactly want to profile function calls --
since I have many similar tasklets and want to see where my cycles are
going.

But you could also break out the statistics per tasklet as well.  That
would be an even bigger change to profile.py :-)

--
-Jas