betreft:Re: [Stackless] Re: [Python-Dev] Stackless Design Q.

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri Feb 22 13:55:51 CET 2002

p.vrijlandt at aig.azn.nl wrote:

> Form: Reply
> Text: (103 lines follow)
> Hi all,
>
> Could a timeslice function in C leave variables in python-code in any way
> undefined?

I don't think so.

> I think statements in Python should probably be atomic (especially if one
> tasklet can get to variables in another)

Scheduling occours between opcodes. This is safe, since Python
also does its real thread switching between opcodes.
There has not been changed much compared to the old Stackless.

Switching just has become simpler, since I no longer have

to convince the interpreter in a tricky way to leave its
frame and restart another one.
I just call a function that switches the current C stack
fragment. That resumes another interpreter incarnation
which simply continues.

Python doesn't notice what's happening, and I'm not going
to tell it. :-)

ciao - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/