[Stackless] Tasklets are flying, check CVS

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Tue Feb 19 19:02:02 CET 2002

Hi there,

since yesterday I have really tiny tasklets working with
the new Stackless Python.
If you like, give them a try. It is all very rough yet,
and design changes are probable on a daily rate.
But it really really works.
I'm sure there are many bugs, so please give it some testing.

A sample script is in pcbuild/tasktest.py

There is no auto-scheduler yet, and the explicit transfer
functions are not there, but the thingies really switch,
and even better: The "main thread" waits until all the
buddies are ready.

:pserver:anonymous at tismer.com:/home/cvs
Module name is "stackless".
Careful, this is a full Python 2.2 source tree, use -z9.

ciao - chris
Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
      where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/