[Stackless] Stackless 2.2 pre-alpha is ready!

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Jan 28 18:31:06 CET 2002

Hi friends,

first of all, it works great!

Please check it out of CVS and have a look,
it is sooo small code now.
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at tismer.com:/home/cvs co stackless/src

In this state, I don't prepare a distribution.
You can build Stackless from CVS. I also put a copy
of my python22.dll here for testing:
http://www.stackless.com/slpython22.zip

It is just almost 2 percent slower on my W2k machine.
The trick is to avoid stack switching as much as possible.
I do it only on every 8th recursion level, which is
more than what's usual.

 >>> def f(n):
...     if n:f(n-1)
 >>> import sys