[Stackless] Ann: Stackless Python (Linux x86 issues)

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sun Jan 20 00:51:37 CET 2002

Christian Häggström wrote:

[Stack issues]

> I have tried to do the same thing once, but I got problems, the compiler
> (gcc for i386) assumes that the stack pointer does not change during
> a function call.
[example]

> With the flag -fomit-frame-pointer I have been able to do limited
> things, however things like alloca (dynamic stack-allocation) may complicate
> things further.
>
> On Linux the stack segment is the same as data segments, but that may
> not be true on all operating systems. (but that's easy to workaround)

Well, I think it will be easiest to use a single function,
written in assembly, which takes eval_frame and the frame
as a parameter. It acts like a thunk.

> Btw, I have also only used continuation.caller()

That's good!

ciao - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/