[Stackless] Re: Stackless Python is DEAD!

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sat Jan 19 00:18:13 CET 2002

Donn Cave wrote:

 > | - Stackless breaks its major axiom now. It is no longer
 > |    platform independent, since it *does* modify the C stack.
 > |    I will support all Intel platforms by myself. For other
 > |    platforms, I'm asking for volunteers.
 >
 > I just have to say, that sounds like the worst idea.  I have
 > only dabbled with Stackless, and if I'm the only one left out
 > because of this, small loss.  But I can't believe this is going
 > to be an acceptable solution.

What do you mean by acceptable?
The 95 percent of users who get their solution
in time will for sure accept it. Who else is relevant?

I have better plans with my future than porting this
*very* difficult code for every new Python version.
It is much more efficient for us all to go the new way.

ciao - chris
Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
       where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/