[Stackless] Ann: Stackless 2.2.1 on PowerPC

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Mon Jul 1 22:13:35 CEST 2002

Jeff Senn wrote:

> > AFAIK MacPython, which is built with CodeWarrior and also runs on MacOS
> > 9.x. Build instructions can be found at: dist/src/Mac/Demo/building.html
>
> Yes -- although I've managed to build Python against the native Tcl/Tk
> Framework; which makes MacPython unnecessary for me...

That's the whole idea, to make MacPython unnecessary, while maintaining access
to all Mac-specific stuff.

For those of you wondering what this is all about, there are three distinct
Python builds for MacOS X:
- Python built with CodeWarrior, uses PEF/CFM as the executable format,
  also runs on MacOS < X (will become obsolete)
- Python built with gcc as a regular unix install
- Python built with gcc as a NeXT-style (?) "framework" install

Just