[Stackless] Ann: Stackless 2.2.1 on PowerPC

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Jul 1 18:42:43 CEST 2002

Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com>:

> > Huh? What do you mean?
>
> As I understand it there is a version that is compiled directly
> against the Mac libraries and thus makes a full fledged "MacPython"
> .app (the main reason for me is to get a Python that doesn't require
> an X server to use TKinter...)
>
> Hm -- However (I haven't been good about following this) there now
> (maybe) seems to be a way to build the unix-y version and link it
> against the native Tk framework...

You probably mean MacPython, then? AFAICT, MacPython is
directly derived from the "standard" Python code tree
nowadays, which essentially means: until dictators change
their mind you'd better not hope for it to become stack-
less! ;-)

If anything about MacPython is not clear to you consider
joining the Pythonmac-SIG's mailing list!

Dinu