Stackless bug/typo

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Jun 18 16:20:40 CEST 2002

Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:

> Jeff Senn wrote:
> Exactly. Never touch the slicing_lock, unless you know that
> you can do it. It's only intent is to protect tkinter. Tkinter

Hm.  Well it was just a quick hack -- and I did set the slicing lock
in the whole tkinter thread (I thought I understood the
ramifications...maybe not :-( ).

> No, I think (hope) it is from touhing the slicing_lock.
> What should go in there is a switching_lock (preferably just
> a bit, but I have to do clean-ups, anyway) which allows to
> prevend auto-switching.
> I guess your program will run if you just ignore the
> slicing_lock completely and allow switching all the time.

Just ignoring the slicing_lock didn't help (still crashed), but...

I put in a separate switch_lock and now it doesn't crash (at least so
far) -- it also doesn't fully work...(although it is scheduling --
possibly I have a deadlock somewhere) I'm not sure I understand why...

...back to looking at my python code...
--
-Jas

P.S. Let me know if you want my (relatively obvious) patches...