[Stackless] Stackless works with PPC Mac OS X

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Sat Jun 29 22:13:19 CEST 2002

Hi Friends,

Thanks to Just for giving me access to his machine.
Thanks to Armin for his patch for the X86 unix version.
Thanks to the ICON implementation, showing me which registers
to save for the PowerPC.

I used Armin's trick to enforce register saving on the stack,
just a little more extensive, for more registers.
It just worked like a charm, much easier than the assembly
code of the ICON people. Thanks to gcc's niceness, too.

Please give the silly examples in PCBuild a try.
They do work nicely!

Just check out the cvs:
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at tismer.com:/home/cvs
cvs login
cvs co stackless
cd stackless/src
./configure
make
./python.exe PCBuild/tasktest.py

should not give a bus error, but a ZeroDivisionError
after "back in 7". This is currently the intended output
of that scriptlet.

cheers - chris