[Stackless] Asyncronous IO (Was: Re: question about stackless)

Russ Cox rsc at plan9.bell-labs.com
Wed Jun 12 14:26:03 CEST 2002

Even with kqueue, I think it's better to leave
the async I/O to a library rather than hard-code
this at the lowest levels of the system.
Implementing the library is really very easy.

If you do it at a low level then people get
screwed if they want to do I/O without being
rescheduled (for example, it's very frustrating
if adding a debugging print changes the program
because now the thread gets rescheduled there).

Russ