[Stackless] OS/2 EMX port

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Thu Jun 20 21:48:19 CEST 2002

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:
> I have finally got around to trying to build the current stackless on
> OS/2, with the EMX environment.
>
> The attached patch was needed to get the stackless module to build (I
> built it in rather than as a dynload, for simplicity).  The #ifdef was
> copied from the MSVC file.  This patch isn't necessary on FreeBSD, but
> this may be due to the different build setups.  I'll test the patch on
> FreeBSD to make sure its harmless there (but not tonight... err this
> morning).

Don't test it, it is just fine.
I just was lazy to put it in while fiddling with
unstable stuff.
The point is that I want to keep only one platform specific
file, but implement different features with it.
For some self-inspection, I needed to include windows.h,
which gives name clashes when used in the general case.
The #ifdef simply defines "sections" in the includes.

Thanks for mentioning.

> The stackless interpreter passes all the tests the standard interpreter
> passes, with a bizarre failure in test_socket which I believe to be an EMX
> "problem" - the test passes standalone, but not from the regrtest.py
> harness...
>
> Does anyone have a test for the stackless module?

That's something really needed, soon.

ciao - chris