[Stackless] Re: Stackless alpha for X86/Linux

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon Mar 4 19:18:26 CET 2002

jkn at alembis.co.uk wrote:

> Hello All
>     I'm embarrassed to admit my problems with building Stackless under Linux, since it shows just how little I've done on this yet, but never mind ...
>
> I'm running SuSE Linux 7.1 (Kernel 2.4.0 on Athlon), and have checked out the complete Stackless tree successfully. I can run './configure' fine, and 'make' successfully onvokes gccto build 'many' file OK. However I've getting a compilation error on ceval.c, which indicates that
>
> STACKLESS_HW
>
> is not defined when Stackless/stacklesseval.h is #include'd

The above include has changed.
Please update your CVS tree, maybe
you caught it in an intermediate stage.

Meanwhile setup.py takes care of configuring
stackless, so you shouldn't need to change the
modules config.

If it still doesn't build, something must be very
weird. I go to my Linux box, check it out and it works.

good luck - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
      where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/