[Stackless] New 3 platforms for Stackless Python

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Wed Mar 6 10:20:05 CET 2002

Russ Cox wrote:

>>How can we save&restore registers fast?
>>

> Why are you convinced that this isn't fast?
> You've got to do what you've got to do -- save
> the registers that setjmp does.

This is slightly overdone. Setjmp doesn't know what we
know. For instance, there is probably no need to save FPU
registers.

I've attached the ICON ppc_aix coexpression switch code.
They are dealing with regs 13-31, and FP conditionally.
Not sure whether this is the same CPU, but it looks
similar.

ciao- chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/