[Stackless] patch for building under freebsd

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri May 17 14:03:17 CEST 2002

sean.bowman at acm.org wrote:
 > hello,
 >
 > I just checked out stackless and built it under freebsd 4.5, but I needed
 > to make the small change below for it to build.  this certainly looks
like
 > a mistake since "arg" is not a parameter of the function channel_receive,
 > but I'm not sure what the correct fix is.  (I haven't figured out
 > tasklets yet, much less channels.)

Please don't use this version, it isn't ready.
I had to move between machines yesterday in
an intermediate state. Will do a semi-final
check-in later this day.
If you read the CVS logs, you can see
"intermediate, doesn't compile".

The channel.send and receive functions are the
"heart" of the system, they will control all
locking and communication between tasklets.
Later on, I *might* also implement some kind of
direct coroutines and generators, but the
channel concept is most promising and urgent.

 > anyhow, thanks for a very interesting bit of software!

:-) y're welcome - chris