linux gets a kqueue-ish feature

Sam Rushing srushing at ironport.com
Sat Nov 2 23:05:19 CET 2002

Looks like linux is going to get something comparable to kqueue, at
least for sockets.  Don't know about things like aio.

If you go to the '/dev/epoll' page you'll see that they're doing
benchmarking using coroutines (actually the same library we used at
eGroups, from http://www.goron.de/~froese/coro/ ).

Just an interesting point; this kind of thing means that many more
people are going to starting thinking along the lines of 'AsyncOS'.

I suppose it also opens up the possibility of migrating to linux
(shudder) were it to become necessary.

-Sam