[Stackless] problem building stackess for OSX 10.0

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Tue Oct 1 22:25:57 CEST 2002

Hi Eric,

> building on my linux machine works ok and I can run the test just fine,
> but I don't know how to get stackless to build correctly on OSX 10.0.
> After:
>
> ./configure
> make
>
> I can run the new python (which strangely enough has a .exe extension)

Please! Every other week someone is complaining about
.exe for Darwin. Wrong address. This is not my fault but
the way the standard setup was made.

> WARNING: removing "stackless" since importing it failed

I need more information from the setup.py script.
It tries to build the stackless module after the
stackless Python version has been built successfully.
If it fails to load the module, it deletes it (again
not my idea). You might want to comment that line out
and then try to import stackless, while running under
gdb.
Or let me ssh into you machine and I'll check this out.

> I thought this is something that is supposed to be figured out in the
> ./configure program. Is OSX10.0 not supported?

I configured, compiled and tested everything under MacOSX,
but I don't know the exact release numbers.
(...just checking my last check-ins...) well, I have some
warnings about duplicate symbols, will try to get rid of them,
but it *does* work.

ciao - chris