[Stackless] Problems with removing tasklet.

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Wed Oct 9 23:03:06 CEST 2002

> Actually, although I do fall back on that, but I have also implemented
> an addition to the stackless module that does the equivalent but
> much faster (i.e. basically uses the interrupt to directly call
> stackless.schedule()) Of course the interrupt only will switch when
> the atomic flag is not set.

Where's the code? Where's the code? :-)

> I am finding it pretty stable -- but you definitely do have to know
> what you're doing to avoid wierdness...

I've read that about tasklet switching many times. I'd like to
understand better what kind of problems one can have when switching
preemptively. I mean, in addition to the well-known problems which
traditional parallel computing presents. I understand that variables
returned from the stack can easily break, but could you mention
something else?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]