[Stackless] parallel processing

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 9 17:21:53 CEST 2002

Regarding Odin:
I'm heading towards finally doing another rewrite of Gadfly based
in stackless, which might be kind of similar to Odin, maybe, fwiw.

Regarding parallel processing I see 2 issues: (1) using multiple cpus
in the same process and (2) distributing related tasklets across
cpus in different processes (maybe on different boxes connected in a
network).

(1) Requires some basic changes to the Python interpreter like the
"free threaded python" that Greg Stein played with some years back.

(2) I think can be implemented a number of different ways now, with
restrictions -- basically you've got to come up with some sort of a protocol
to do channel communication using sockets and some sort of a notion of
a services directory or some such...

my 2c.  -- Aaron Watters