[Stackless] parallel processing

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Thu Oct 10 09:57:00 CEST 2002

Stephan Diehl wrote:

>>After finishing the IronPort port, I am planning to make
>>a parallel Stackless, both for multiple processors and for
>>multiple machines. I will implement a version of MPI.
>

> I really would have been surprised if you hadn't thought about that :-)
> This will be THE next major thing in Python.

Yeah. It will be difficult, especially multiple processors.
Unless we restrict multi-processing to C extensions
(outside of the Python context), we need to build
a free-threading Pyton version which is ot trivial.
Has been done by Greg Stein for 1.5.2, some time ago.

>>This takes time. Don's expect it for this year :-)
>

> What, you can't do this over the weekend? :-)
> This sounds really interesting. If you need help, just drop me a line.

I need more than that. Will most probably start
a company next year which deals with porting
to Stackless, contract work for companies.
If you are interested, contact me by private email.

cheers - chris