[Stackless] Question about channels

Russ Cox rsc at plan9.bell-labs.com
Wed Oct 16 15:00:31 CEST 2002

> As far as I understand channels, they are always blocking, both with reading
> and writing. Is there a possibility to make the channels nonblocking?
>
> I was thinking about writing a network simulator (just for the fun of it) and
> it would come in handy to represent a network node by a tasklet that has its
> own eventloop.

Why does that mean you'd need nonblocking channels?
What sorts of things do you expect to be doing?
(I think you can easily get by having only one channel
for each node, from which it gets inputs like packets,
but maybe I'm missing something.)

It would be nice to have an alt statement.
Christian, is there any plan to do that?

Russ