[Stackless] continuation module

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri Sep 6 14:36:16 CEST 2002

Sebastien Schertenleib wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently developping a C++ application where I embed python and I
> would like to use stackless with the uthread module for the
> micro-thread management.
>
> But inside this module (uthread), It must import continuation and I
> don't have it.
> I have read a thread that was saying the continuation module is
> built-inside stackless, but I have download the dll directly so I must
> make some bad mistake when I try to install it.
>
> Any help would be appreciate.

At the moment, there is no uthread module.
I will provide some surrogate some time later,
but this is rather trivial.
You can emulate almost all using tasklets and channels.
Just import stackless and read the docstrings of the
tasklet type.
They only real lack against uthread is that there is no
automatic scheduling, yet. This is not easy to make
work correctly with extension, therefor I left it out
for a while.

ciao - chris