[Stackless] Problems on OS X

Sébastien Pierre seb at type-z.org
Fri Sep 27 22:31:14 CEST 2002

Le vendredi, 27 sep 2002, à 21:00 Europe/Paris, Jonathan Hogg a écrit :

> I have two problems at the moment building and running Stackless on OS
> (10.2.1 "Jaguar").

Hi Jonathan,

I actually tried to make a Fink port for stackless, and ran into the
same error. I then applied patches from the Fink Python 2.2 port for
Jaguar to a Stackless CVS snapshot.

After applying the patches I get the following errors:

--
ar cr libpython2.2.a Modules/config.o Modules/getpath.o Modules/main.o
Modules/gcmodule.o
ar cr libpython2.2.a Modules/threadmodule.o  Modules/signalmodule.o
Modules/posixmodule.o  Modules/_sre.o  Modules/newmodule.o
Modules/symtablemodule.o  Modules/xxsubtype.o
ranlib libpython2.2.a
ranlib: same symbol defined in more than one member in: libpython2.2.a
(table of contents will not be sorted)
(...)
ranlib: file: libpython2.2.a(stacklesseval.o) defines symbol:
_schedule_fasthook
ranlib: file: libpython2.2.a(ceval.o) defines symbol: _slp_schedule_hook
ranlib: file: libpython2.2.a(stacklesseval.o) defines symbol:
_slp_schedule_hook
ranlib: file: libpython2.2.a(pythonrun.o) defines symbol:
_slp_schedule_hook
gcc -L/sw/lib -u __dummy -u _PyMac_Error -framework System -framework
CoreServices -framework Foundation -o python.exe \
                 Modules/python.o \
                 libpython2.2.a
(...)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _schedule_fasthook
Modules/python.o definition of _schedule_fasthook in section
(__DATA,__common)
libpython2.2.a(pythonrun.o) definition of _schedule_fasthook in section
(__DATA,__common)
ld: multiple definitions of symbol _slp_schedule_hook
Modules/python.o definition of _slp_schedule_hook in section
(__DATA,__common)
libpython2.2.a(pythonrun.o) definition of _slp_schedule_hook in section
(__DATA,__common)
(...)
libpython2.2.a(stacklesseval.o) definition of _slp_schedule_hook in
section (__DATA,__common)
make: *** [python.exe] Error 1
### execution of (export failed, exit code 2
--

If you have any idea about why I get those errors, please tell me. If
you are interested I can send you the patch I made for stackless that

  -- Sébastien