[Stackless] Porting to 2.2.3

Giovanni Bajo giovannibajo at libero.it
Wed Aug 20 18:03:26 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003 2:49 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero.it> wrote:

> Sadly I don't have a clue about type system in Python (nor anything
> else in the core), so I don't know how to fix this. Right now,
> tp_free within _PySlpModule_Type is 0. I tried putting _PyObject_Del
> and _PyObject_GC_Del in there, but nothing changes. Is there any way
> I can work around this? Right now, I have commented out the above
> check, and python seems to work correctly (I haven't run any
> testsuite yet, but it looks ok).

Richard Emslie made me notice that init_slpmoduletype() modifies
_PySlpModule_Type. I put PyObject_GC_Del at line 766 (stacklessmodule.c of
course) and the assertion is not fired anymore. I also ran the testsuite and
I did not notice any new regression (I didn't run expat- and zlib-dependent
tests though). Thus, everything seems in place.

I prepared a diff that patches an official 2.2.3 adding Stackless 3.0 to it
(as of CVS of today), it's here: http://www.prograph.it/stackless-2.2.3.zip.
Christian, does everything look ok to you? Is it possible to update the CVS
repository with this version?

Thanks
Giovanni Bajo