Questions

Richard Emslie rxe at ukshells.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 10:47:04 CEST 2003

Hi Chris,

I had some specific questions I had built while playing around with
auto scheduling.

1. The first one is in scheduler.py - where I marked xxx.  It would appear
that channels became cleared if we got back to main, and then run(...)
again.  I haven't investigated this in the code, but wondered if it was a
design decision, oversight or you were somehow forced into doing this?

2.  Was there any thing blaringly stupid/wrong in my preempt() function.
I noticed that if I would drop the "slice" instructions too low, it would
seg fault.  I found debugging this hard, that was why I was going to add
the shared memory segment to watch thread state / tasklets in realtime
(maybe with a sleep between opcodes!)

3.  A more general question was what are these non-recursive
implementations of methods/functions - I couldn't really figure out what
they were about.  Maybe the question is what do you mean by recursion
here?

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
Richard