[Stackless] Microthreads

Giovanni Bajo giovannibajo at libero.it
Sun Aug 10 19:18:14 CEST 2003

Hello,

I would like to switch my applicationt from regular Python and OS threads to Stackless and uthreads. Unfortunately, it seems that the old module uthread.py (http://willware.net:8080/uthread.html) is outdated and does not work anymore with the latest Stackless distribution available on the website, nor the CVS version.

I read in the mailing list that a new version of Stackless is almost ready (3.0), and I gave a look to it, but it's not clear to me how to instruct the scheduler to switch preemptively among the tasklets. This is the most important feature I need, my application can't simply work with manual thread switching. Is this possible in 3.0 right now? Alternatively, is there a way I can build any old version of Stackless on the top of Python 2.2.2 or 2.2.3 that allows me to use the old uthread module?

Thanks
Giovanni Bajo