[Stackless] Stackless ported to 2.2.3

Chao, Heng Sun Hengsun.Chao at Cognos.Com
Mon Aug 25 16:03:37 CEST 2003

I did so.  The help works fine.  However, I remember there was some variable
I had to set to make the recursion work for 100000.  Right now, recursion
dies at before 1000 depth.

Thanks,

Heng Sun Chao
System Solution Testing
Cognos Inc.
738-1338 x 5051

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Tismer [mailto:tismer at tismer.com]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 11:37 PM
To: Chao, Heng Sun
Cc: Pythonistas; Stackless at tismer.com
Subject: Re: [Stackless] Stackless ported to 2.2.3

Chao, Heng Sun wrote:

> I have replaced the python22.dll.  Unfortunately, the stackless
> capability does not appear to be on.  Are there any variables I have to
set?

The only thing you need to do is to import stackless,
which is a built-in module.
Python should crank up with a boot message that
tells you about being Stackless 3.0 somthing.
If not, your dll is not in place.

Just try help("stackless").
If it works, you are fine.

cheers - chris

Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The Cognos
Business Forum.  Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's an
opportunity for Business and IT leaders to learn about strategies for
driving performance. Visit http://www.cognos.com/enterprise03 for more
details.